On his deathbed, Alexander “The Great” summoned his generals and told them his 3 ultimate wishes:
1. The best doctors should carry his coffin;
2. The wealth he accumulated (money, gold, precious stones) should be scattered along the procession to the cemetery;
3. His hands should be let loose, hanging outside the coffin for all to see.
One of his generals, who was surprised by these unusual requests asked Alexander to explain.
1. I want the best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that they have NO power to heal;
2. I want the road to be covered with my treasures so that everybody sees that material wealth acquired on earth, stays on earth;
3. I want my hands to swing in the wind, so people can understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed.
1. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. Isaiah 53:5 NKJV
2. And I’ll sit back and say to myself, “My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!” But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?’ Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God. Luke 12:19-21 NLT
3. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Mark 8:36 NKJV
Follow my blog & Please leave a comment =D